JOB TITLE: Family Practice Physician
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Services
SUPERVISOR: Medical Director
Program: EXCELth Family Health Center - Algiers
Successful completion of an accredited Family Medicine Residency with 3years or more experience. Current board eligible/certification by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine (AOBFM)
Family Practitioner to join our busy well-established community based practice in New Orleans, Louisiana. This Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) is in the Algiers community on the West Bank of the Mississippi River. This Full-time position for a FP Physician requires work 5 days a week; hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm. Full, unrestricted Louisiana Medical License. Federal DEA Clean background/no malpractice history.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides comprehensive medical services for members of family, regardless of age or sex, on continuing basis: Examines patients, using medical instruments and equipment.
2. Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
3. Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
4. Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
5. Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
6. Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care. All inpatients will be admitted as per the local MTF instructions
7. Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
8. Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
9. Maintain accurate and detailed medical records about each patient, including observations during examinations (via EMR).
10. Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
11. Administers or prescribes treatments and medications.
12. Promotes health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
13. Write orders to inoculates and vaccinate patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
14. Performs simple procedures commensurate with surgical competency.
15. Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well-being.
16. Works continually to assure deliverance of quality clinical care in a safe, efficient, competent, and effective manner.
17. Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures.
18. Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services as determined by the Medical Director.
19. Comply with all laws applicable to and practice within scope of Family Practice, including HIPPA.
20. Provide On-call coverage for Adult and Pediatric patients.
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Be capable of adequately diagnosing and treating a wide-range of pediatric and adult acute and chronic diseases and injuries including but not limited to conditions of the:
Skin Pulmonary System, Head Gastrointestinal System, Eyes Musculoskeletal System, Ears Genitourinary System, Nose Reproductive System/Throat Lymphatic System, Neck Central Nervous System, Cardiovascular System Endocrine System, Psychiatric and Behavioral Health
2. Knowledge and appreciation of cultural differences and providing culturally appropriate care.
3. Knowledge of emergency protocols and standard of care
4. Knowledge and prior experience with electronic medical records
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Full, unrestricted Louisiana Medical License. Federal DEA Clean background/no malpractice history.
Current CPR (BLS) certification
Medicaid Provider Number
EXCELth, INC provides an excellent salary and fringe benefits package.
Submit resume to:
Human Resources Division
1515 Poydras Street Suite 1070
New Orleans, LA. 70112